Vitus Escarpe 290 Mountain Bike Frame - £1,999.99
At the core of the Vitus all-mountain and trail range is the Escarpe Mountain Bike Frame. Bringing forward all that was loved from the previous Escarpe platforms, this latest version has undergone the most comprehensive development yet to deliver a ride experience that’s more controlled, efficient, predictable and stable, whatever the terrain.
Climb ahead? No problem. Technical descent inbound? You’ve got this. This performance full-carbon frameset is the perfect starting point to build your dream trail and all-mountain bike. To ride faster, to discover that perfect line, to flow effortlessly where before you tiptoed, your bike and body need to speak the same language. Thankfully the Escarpe knows exactly how to read you and the trail.
Whether braking hard, pushing more power or negotiating a twisty descent, your centre of gravity is rarely constant, so key to the whole system is efficiency. To deal with the dynamic nature of trail riding, the Escarpe stays predictable and consistent so that you can stay loose. No white knuckles here. The suspension kinematics have been enhanced compared to the previous platform, further countering the effects of pedal-bob and reducing the harshness of small bumps and trail vibrations that drain your energy and kill speed. Smoother is faster for longer.
With an adjustable flip-chip, that can raise the bottom bracket by 6mm and increase the head angle, you can also customise the setup to best suit how and where you ride. Whatsmore, geometry and performance are optimised throughout the size range, so whether you are S or XL, there’s no compromise on how this bike feels.
- Full T800 frame sheds weight for a truly responsive ride
- 29" platform balancing speed & efficiency
- Adjustable flip chip to fine tune handling and your preferred feel
- Ultra-Smooth Fox Float DPS Factory Series shock
- Robust rubber downtube, seat stay and chainstay protection
- Durable clear protection film applied to high wear areas
New Full Carbon Escarpe Trail Platform
Modern geometry with adjustable flip chip, improved suspension kinematics and a smile inducing ride.
Full T800 carbon fibre front & rear triangles
Suspension Travel (MTB Only)
150mm Front, 140mm Rear
S, M, L, XL
£1,999.99Shop with Preferred Partner
||Escarpe full T800 carbon front & rear triangles, internal cable routing, post disc brake mounts, BSA threaded BB, Boost hub spacing – 148mm x 12mm thru axle.|
||Fox Float DPS Factory Series, Kashima coating, EVOL, 3 position lever, 205mm x 60mm, trunnion|
||Acros AZX-212-CO R5, ZS44/28.6 upper & ZS56/40 lower to suit 1-1/8" upper tapered to 1.5" lower headtube|
||Vitus, 36.4mm Diameter|
||148mm x 12mm thru axle, 180mm Length, 13mm Thread Length, M12xP1.0 Thread Pitch|
New Full Carbon Frame
Taking the award-winning Escarpe platform developed last year we have made the best better for 2022. With the addition of a carbon rear triangle we have designed the Escarpe to be the most efficient trail bike on the mountain with less weight for more miles and more fun. A full carbon front and rear triangle brings the next level of performance to the Escarpe range.
Geometry & Sizing
|Rec Rider Height (Imperial)||5' 2" - 5' 6"||5' 6" - 5' 10"||5' 10" - 6' 2"||6' 2" - 6' 7"|
|Rec Rider Height (Metric)||160 - 170cm||170 - 178cm||178 - 190cm||190 - 201cm|
|Rec Inside Leg (Imperial)||27" - 30"||30" - 32"||32" - 34"||34" - 37"|
|Rec Inside Leg (Metric)||71 - 76cm||76 - 81cm||81 - 86cm||86 - 94cm|
|(A) Seat Tube Length||380mm||410mm||440mm||480mm|
|(B) Effective Top Tube Length||566mm||595mm||619mm||660mm|
|(E) Chainstay Length||440mm||440mm||440mm||440mm|
|(F) Headtube Length||100mm||110mm||120mm||130mm|
|(G) Headtube Angle*||65°||65°||65°||65°|
|(H) Effective Seat Tube Angle||77°||77°||77.5°||78°|
|(I) Actual Seat Tube Angle||72°||72°||72°||72°|
|(J) Saddle Layback||146.65mm||163.01mm||172.92mm||188.84mm|
|(K) BB to Saddle Height at Saddle Layback||650mm||700mm||750mm||800mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||35mm||35mm||35mm||35mm|
|Seatpost Insert Depth||177mm||215mm||242mm||270mm|
|*All Escarpe bikes come with a flip chip, geometry numbers stated are for the low setting, if you switch to the high setting the head angle increases by 0.5 degrees and the BB Drop lifts by 6mm.|
- Where can I buy Vitus Bikes?
- You can buy Vitus bikes directly through our exclusive retailers Wiggle and Chain Reaction Cycles
- Do your bikes come with Warranty?
- We offer a 5-year warranty on all our frames. On top of that we also offer an extended 2-year warranty on all components excluding wear and tear items such as bearings, brake pads, chains & cassettes etc. Our Warranty policy applies to the original owner and processed by our exclusive retail partners.To see their warranty process check: CRC & Wiggle
- Where can I buy touch up paint for my bike?
- We have partnered up with paint specialist G-Paint to offer touch up paints for popular Vitus models. These can be bought direct from G-Paint's website HERE.