BUY THROUGH OUR DIRECT SALES MODEL WITH
Built around our new 155mm travel suspension platform, the Sommet VRX is the ideal bike to take on your next enduro ; hammering technical descents; ascending with finesse; finding your limits long before you reach the limits of the Sommet! When performance and reliability are top of your list; get onboard the new Vitus Sommet VRX and claim your place on the top of the podium!
The 2016 Sommet VRX has been updated to feature an imporved build kit for this season. With a RockShox Pike RC fork; 1 x drivetrain comprising of SRAM X1 shifting & RaceFace Affect chainset; Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes; Nukeproof OKLO stealth dropper seatpost; WTB/Novatec wheelset and a Nukeproof cockpit – this is the ultimate “Bang for buck” bike!
• Intended use – Enduro
• Wheel size – 27.5”
• Travel – 155mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
• Recommended fork travel – 160-170mm
• Construction – 6061 T6 triple butted
• Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
• Shimano 142x12mm E Trough axle system
• Aggressive Enduro Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
• Sizes – S, M, L, XL
• Removable High Direct FD mount.
• ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
• Bolt on down tube protector to protect the down tube and cables from rock strikes.
• Weight – TBC
• Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
• Main pivot location – This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
• Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
• Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
• Leverage rate design – The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Rear wheel travel is controlled via the RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Debon Air custom tuned shock which features external rebound and three position compression damping adjustment.
|Frame||Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium|
|Forks||RockShox Pike RC Solo Air|
|Shock||RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 DebonAir|
|Chainset||RaceFace Affect SL|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X1|
|Rims||WTB Frequency Team i23 TCS (tubeless ready)|
|Front Hub||Novatec D771|
|Rec. Rider Height||5’2″ – 5’7″||5’7″ – 5’11”||5’11” – 6’3″||6’3” – 6’7”|
|Rec. Rider Height||152cm – 170cm||170cm – 180cm||180cm – 190cm||190cm – 201cm|
|Rec. Inside Leg||26.5″ – 30″||30″ – 32″||32″ – 34″||34” – 37”|
|Rec. Inside Leg||67cm – 76cm||76cm – 81cm||81cm – 86cm||86cm – 94cm|
|(A) Effective Top tube||575mm||600mm||620mm||640mm|
|(E) Head Tube||110mm||110mm||120mm||130mm|
|(B) Head Tube Angle||65.5˚||65.5˚||65.5˚||65.5˚|
|(C) Effective Seat Tube Angle||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||10mm||10mm||10mm||10mm|
|Seat Post Diameter||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm|
|Headset||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40|
|Rear Axle||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru|
|Frame Material||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy|
|Based on Axle to Crown||550mm||550mm||550mm||550mm|