BUY THROUGH OUR DIRECT SALES MODEL WITH
Enduro racing at World Level; hammering technical descents; ascending with finesse; finding your limits long before you reach the limits of the 155mm travel Vitus Sommet! When performance and reliability are top of your list; get onboard the Vitus Sommet and claim your place on the top of the podium!
The Sommet Pro has been the weapon of choice for Vitus Factory Rider Dan Wolfe as he raced throughout 2015 in the Enduro World Series and at stage races such as the Trans Savoire. With a “wish list”components package that will leave you wanting for nothing; the Sommet Pro is built with RockShox Pike forks, Mavic Crossmax XL PRO wheels, a SRAM X1/X01 groupset and Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost!
Pro level components; pro level performance, you deserve the best so we are offering it to you in a fully comprehensive package!
“The Sommet PRO is a truly great bike, fun to ride, undeniably fast and robust. The specification is lifted straight from a racers dream list, and the ride is accurate and engaging. Until now the rule has always been simple, “you get what you pay for”, but things are changing. If this fully loaded Vitus Sommet PRO missile retails for £3500 what the hell are we paying for when we buy a bike that costs twice as much? Enduro-MTB.com (March 2015)
• Intended use – Enduro
• Wheel size – 27.5”
• Travel – 155mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
• Recommended fork travel – 160-170mm
• Construction – 6061 T6 triple butted
• Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
• Shimano 142x12mm E Trough axle system
• Aggressive Enduro Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
• Sizes – S, M, L, XL
• Removable High Direct FD mount.
• ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
• Bolt on down tube protector to protect the down tube and cables from rock strikes.
• Weight – TBC
• Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
• Main pivot location – This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
• Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
• Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Sommet has 66mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
• Leverage rate design – The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Rear wheel travel is controlled via a RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Debon Air custom tuned air rear shock.
|Frame||Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium|
|Forks||RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air|
|Shock||RockShox Monarch Plus RC3 Debon Air|
|Chainset||RaceFace Turbine Cinch|
|Chain Guide||E.Thirteen XCX+ 105|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X01|
|Rims||Mavic Crossmax XL PRO|
|Front Hub||Mavic Crossmax XL PRO|
|Rec. Rider Height||5’2″ – 5’7″||5’7″ – 5’11”||5’11” – 6’3″||6’3” – 6’7”|
|Rec. Rider Height||152cm – 170cm||170cm – 180cm||180cm – 190cm||190cm – 201cm|
|Rec. Inside Leg||26.5″ – 30″||30″ – 32″||32″ – 34″||34” – 37”|
|Rec. Inside Leg||67cm – 76cm||76cm – 81cm||81cm – 86cm||86cm – 94cm|
|(A) Effective Top tube||575mm||600mm||620mm||640mm|
|(E) Head Tube||110mm||110mm||120mm||130mm|
|(B) Head Tube Angle||65.5˚||65.5˚||65.5˚||65.5˚|
|(C) Effective Seat Tube Angle||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||10mm||10mm||10mm||10mm|
|Seat Post Diameter||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm|
|Headset||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40|
|Rear Axle||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru|
|Frame Material||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy|
|Based on Axle to Crown||550mm||550mm||550mm||550mm|