BUY THROUGH OUR DIRECT SALES MODEL WITH
Trail riding; enduro racing; all day epics and backwoods assaults; whatever your preference the Vitus Escarpe platform will take it all in its stride!
The Escarpe VRX is decked out with high performance components including Manitou Mattoc Expert 150mm forks; SRAM 1×11 drivetrain; Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes; Nukeproof OKLO Stealth dropper seatpost; WTB/Novatec wheelset and a Nukeproof/Vitus cockpit to complete the package.
“Vitus have created an excellent suspension platform that takes the big hits, has good small bump sensitivity and still pedals well. The Escarpe goes way out the boundaries of what we thought possible of short travel trail bike, an excellent choice for the weekend warrior who wants to try and push their riding limits without feeling under or over biked. We were impressed with the well thought out spec at an amazing price. Enduro-MTB.com
• Intended use – Trail/Enduro
• Wheel size – 27.5”
• Travel – 135mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
• Recommended fork travel – 140-150mm
• Construction – 6061 T6 triple butted
• Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
• Shimano 142x12mm E Trough axle system
• Aggressive Trail Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
• Sizes – S, M, L, XL
• Removable High Direct FD mount.
• ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
• Bolt on down tube protector to protect the down tube and cables from rock strikes.
• Weight – TBC
• Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
• Main pivot location – This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
• Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
• Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
• Leverage rate design – The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Rear wheel travel is controlled via the RockShox Monarch RT3 Debon Air shock which features a custom tune with rebound and two step compression adjustment.
|Frame||Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium|
|Forks||Manitou Mattoc Expert|
|Shock||RockShox Monarch RT3 Debon Air|
|Chainset||RaceFace Affect SL|
|Chain Guide||E.Thirteen XCX+ 105|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X1|
|Rims||WTB ST i23 TCS (tubeless ready)|
|Front Hub||Novatec D771|
|Rec. Rider Height||5’2″ – 5’7″||5’7″ – 5’11”||5’11” – 6’3″||6’3” – 6’7”|
|Rec. Rider Height||152cm – 170cm||170cm – 180cm||180cm – 190cm||190cm – 201cm|
|Rec. Inside Leg||26.5″ – 30″||30″ – 32″||32″ – 34″||34” – 37”|
|Rec. Inside Leg||67cm – 76cm||76cm – 81cm||81cm – 86cm||86cm – 94cm|
|(A) Effective Top Tube||575mm||600mm||620mm||640mm|
|(E) Head Tube||110mm||110mm||120mm||130mm|
|(B) Head Tube Angle||66.5˚||66.5˚||66.5˚||66.5˚|
|(C) Effective Seat Tube Angle||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||20mm||20mm||20mm||20mm|
|Seat Post Diameter||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm|
|Bottom Bracket||73mm BSA||73mm BSA||73mm BSA||73mm BSA|
|Head Set||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40|
|Rear Axle||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru|
|Frame Material||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy|
|Based on Axle to Crown||530mm||530mm||530mm||530mm|