BUY THROUGH OUR DIRECT SALES MODEL WITH
The ultimate medium travel trail riding weapon, the Escarpe 29 Pro was the culmination of 18 months of development, custom tuning work from Rockshox and testing this 135mm suspension platform to the max!
Described by MBR Magazine as “Solid, fast and incredibly capable, we think the Vitus Escarpe is exactly how a good 29er should be.” – the Escarpe 29 Pro comes with a wish list components package that will leave you wanting for nothing; 150mm RockShox Pike forks, Mavic Crossmax XL wheelset, SRAM X1/X01 groupset and a Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost are all included.
Pro level components; pro level performance, you deserve the best so we are offering it to you in a fully comprehensive package that is RACE READY!
” If the devil truly is in the detail, then the matt black Vitus Escarpe 29 Pro was forged in the furnace of hell. The new alloy frame is up there with the best brands, and there isn’t a single component that needs changing straightaway. Just hop on board and commence trailblazing.”
MBR September 2015
• Intended use – Trail/Enduro
• Wheel size – 29”
• Travel – 135mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
• Recommended fork travel – 140-150mm
• Construction – 6061 T6 triple butted
• Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
• Shimano 142x12mm E Trough axle system
• Aggressive Trail Geometry (low, Slack, Long with short stem)
• Sizes – S, M, L, XL
• Removable High Direct FD mount.
• ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
• Bolt on down tube protector to protect the down tube and cables from rock strikes.
• Weight – TBC
• Internal cable routing for Stealth Reverb
• Main pivot location – This is located in a fixed high and forward position in line with a 32T chain ring position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 1x 32T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
• Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
• Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Escarpe has 55mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
• Leverage rate design – The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate (maximizing active travel) without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Rear wheel travel is controlled via the RockShox Monarch RT3 air shock which features a custom tune with rebound and two step compression adjustment.
|Frame||Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium|
|Forks||RockShox Pike RCT3 Solo Air|
|Shock||RockShox Monarch RT3 Debon Air|
|Chainset||RaceFace Turbine Cinch|
|Bottom Bracket||RaceFace Turbine|
|Front Derailleur||E.Thirteen XCX+ 105|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM X01|
|Rims||Mavic Crossmax XL|
|Front Hub||Mavic Crossmax XL|
|Rec. Rider Height||5’2″ – 5’7″||5’7″ – 5’11”||5’11” – 6’3″||6’3” – 6’7”|
|Rec. Rider Height||152cm – 170cm||170cm – 180cm||180cm – 190cm||190cm – 201cm|
|Rec. Inside Leg||26.5″ – 30″||30″ – 32″||32″ – 34″||34” – 37”|
|Rec. Inside Leg||67cm – 76cm||76cm – 81cm||81cm – 86cm||86cm – 94cm|
|(A) Effective Top Tube||575mm||600mm||620mm||640mm|
|(E) Head Tube||100mm||110mm||120mm||130mm|
|(B) Head Tube Angle||67˚||67˚||67˚||67˚|
|(C) Effective Seat Tube Angle||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚||74.5˚|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||30mm||30mm||30mm||30mm|
|Seat Post Diameter||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm|
|Bottom Bracket||73mm BSA||73mm BSA||73mm BSA||73mm BSA|
|Head Set||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40||ZS44/28.6▕ ZS56/40|
|Rear Axle||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru||12mm x 142mm E Thru|
|Frame Material||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy|
|Based on Axle to Crown||555mm||555mm||555mm||555mm|