BUY THROUGH OUR DIRECT SALES MODEL WITH
All NEW for 2016; we have completely overhauled our highly successful Dominer DH; taking our highly acclaimed Escarpe & Sommet platform and putting it on steroids to create the NEW Dominer DH for 2016! Having already picked up four National DH wins and a UCI World Cup in the hands of Vitus Bikes Factory Racing rider Sacha Bickerstaff – the 2016 Dominer is tried and tested to take on the gnarliest trails and mountainsides at terminal velocity!
With 200mm of rear and front wheel travel the Dominer DH will devour anything in its path!
We have added a complete race day ready components package with RockShox BoXXer Team triple clamp forks; Shimano Zee groupset and burly WTB/Novatech DH specific wheelset!
Like living life on the edge; fuelled by the adrenaline coursing through your veins; feeling alive and in control; the all NEW Vitus Dominer DH will excite all of these emotions and more!
• Intended use – Down Hill
• Wheel size – 27.5”
• Travel – 200mm, Horst link suspension with horizontal floating shock mount.
• Recommended fork travel – 200mm
• Construction – 6061 T6 triple butted
• Large 15mm main axle with Collet lock security
• Shimano 150×12 Trough axle system
• Aggressive Down Hill Geometry (low, Slack, Long )
• Sizes – S, M, L
• ISCG 05-mounts for chainguide compatibility
• Weight – TBC
• Main pivot location – This is located in a forward position position, this gives natural anti squat/bob when pedalling in the most commonly used 32 to 34T setup without relying on excessive chain tension and none of the related pedal feedback.
• Chainstay pivot location – This pivot is placed in line with the chainstay eliminating any force directed to the shock linkage causing the shock to compressing (pedal bob) due to chain tension. This pivot location also maximizes active suspension when using the rear brake similar to a floating brake design without the added weight.
• Rearward Axle path – Because of the main pivot location the Dominer has 70mm of travel with reward axle path helping to keep your momentum.
• Leverage rate design – The leverage rate is designed to have a falling rate to sag point then go mildly progressive; this helps the bike sit comfortably in the sag position with a stable platform. The lower shock mount moves forward with the suspension, this helps to keep a linier rate without falling off at full travel. This movement also reduces the shock angle change at full travel reducing side loads and improving the reliability of the shock.
Rear wheel travel is controlled via a RockShox Vivid R2C rear shock.
|Frame||Hydroformed 6061-T6 Aluminium|
|Forks||RockShox BoXXer Team|
|Shock||RockShox Vivid R2C|
|Chainset||Shimano Zee FC-M645|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano Zee|
|Shifters||Shimano Zee SL-M640|
|Chain Guide||E.Thirteen LG1+|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Zee RD-M640 Shadow Plus|
|Cassette||Shimano 105 CS-5700|
|Rims||WTB Frequency Team i25 TCS|
|Front Hub||Novatec DH61 Disc|
|Rear Hub||Novatec DH82 Disc|
|Spokes||Stainless double butted|
|Tyres||Maxxis High Roller II|
|Front Brake||Shimano Zee BR-M640|
|Rear Brake||Shimano Zee BR-M640|
|Stem||Nukeproof Direct Mount|
|Seatpost||Nukeproof Warhead Inline|
|Weight||16.86kg/37.17lbs (size M)|
|Rec. Rider Height (ins)||5’0″ – 5’7″||5’7″ – 5’11”||5’11” – 6’3″|
|Rec. Rider Height (cm)||152cm – 170cm||170cm – 180cm||180cm – 190cm|
|Rec. Inside Leg (ins)||26″ – 30″||30″ – 32″||32″ – 34″|
|Rec. Inside Leg (cm)||66cm – 76cm||76cm – 81cm||81cm – 86cm|
|Seat Tube Length||393.7mm||393.7mm||406.4mm|
|(A) EffectiveTop Tube||573.48mm||598.48mm||623.48mm|
|(E) Head Tube||110mm||110mm||110mm|
|(B) Head Tube Angle||63°||63°||63°|
|(C) Seat Tube Angle||64°||64°||64°|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||0||0||0|
|Seat Post Diameter||31.6mm||31.6mm||31.6mm|
|Bottom Bracket||83mm BSA||83mm BSA||83mm BSA|
|Headset||ZS44/28.6 – ZS49/40||ZS44/28.6 – ZS49/40||ZS44/28.6 – ZS49/40|
|Rear Axle||Shimano E-Thru||Shimano E-Thru||Shimano E-Thru|
|Frame Material||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy||6061-T6 Alloy|
|Based on Axle to Crown||579mm||579mm||579mm|